Machine Learning on HPC Systems is workshop series held in conjunction with ISC Supercomputing Conference
- 2020: papers and videos of the talks given at MLHPCS’20 can be found here
- the second workshop on Machine Learning on HPC Systems is an online event, held in conjunction with the ISC 2021 (July 2nd).
Over the last few years, Machine Learning (ML) - and in particular Deep Learning (DL) - has become an important research topic in the High Performance Computing (HPC) community. This comes along with new users and data intensive applications on HPC systems, which increasingly affects the design and operation of compute infrastructures. HPC environment and resources on the one hand provide opportunities to attack ML/DL problems not tractable otherwise. On the other hand, the ML/DL community is just getting started to utilize the performance of HPC, leaving out many opportunities for better parallelization and scalability. The intent of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners from all communities to discuss three key topics in the context of High Performance Computing and ML/DL methods: parallelization and scaling of ML / DL algorithms, ML/DL applications on HPC systems, and HPC systems design and optimization for ML / DL workloads.
Date: in conjunction with the ISC 2021 online conference
- ISC’21 is held from June 24th until July 2nd
- Workshop date: July 2nd
Topics / Scope
The aim of the workshop is to provide a platform for technical discussions and the presentation of work in progress, as well as, unsolved problems, which is complementary to the “Machine Learning Day” in the main conference program.
- Unsolved problems in ML / DL on HPC systems
- Scalable ML / DL algorithms
- Parallelization techniques
- Libraries for ML / DL
- Tools + workflows for ML / DL on HPC systems
- Optimized HPC systems design and setup for efficient ML / DL
- ML / DL applications on HPC Systems
Call for Paper
MLPCS ‘21 has a two stage submission process: submit a 1-2 page extended abstract to contribute with a talk to MLHPCS. Additionally, authors optionally can submit a post-conference paper for publication in LNCS.
- Extended astracts are due by NEW DEADLINE: May 14th (end of day anywhere on earth)
- Please use the LNCS autor kit to write your abstract and paper
- Submit abstract via CMT
- MLHPCS paper will be published in the Springer LNCS post Conference Proceedings of the ISC.
- Full papers of accepted abstracs are due by July 10th and will undergo a full review process.
- Submit full paper via abstract in CMT
- Format: 18 pages LNCS format. User the template from Springer
- Juan J. Durillo (LRZ, Munich)
- Dennis Hoppe (HLRS, Stuttgart)
- Jenia Jitsev (JSC, Jülich)
- Janis Keuper (IMLA / Fraunhofer ITWM)
- Sunna Torge (ZIH, Dresden)